9am to 4pm
(with transportation and lunch break)
adult : $109 +tx
junior (14-17 years old) : $69 +tx
Nordic backcountry skiing is a type of skiing invented by northerners, and allows people to move easily in the snowy areas.
Backcountry skis are a cross between those used for cross-country and downhill skiing. They have a width between 60 and 110mm, an anti-rollback with scales, and are provided with edges. In addition, for climbs, you can add a climbing skin, and there’s also the telemark binding which detaches from the ski, but stays attached to the boot.
This guided tour will help you discover this activity and become familiar with the material, before you discover the Jacques-Cartier National Park. You will firstly follow a ski trail to understand the art of travel, before making your own mark in the undergrowth, leading to a shelter for the dinner break. Then the trek will continue into a slightly more technical area with ascents and descents.
- transportation included (optional) from downtown Quebec City
- presentation of the equipment at the main building
- training by the guide and first test of your skis
- skiing in trail and off-piste with alternating climbs and descents
9 am : departure from Quebec City
10 am : arrival at the national park
10:15 am : start of the guided activity
2:30 pm : end of the guided activity
3 pm : departure from the park
- professional local guide
- equipment : backcountry ski, ski boots, climbing skins, ski poles
- hot chocolat
- park fees
- lunch (option to choose at the time of booking)
- transportation round trip from Quebec City (optional)
- clothing for an outdoor activity
- gaiters, toque and mittens
- snack + water
- spare clothes
Our winter activities include free transportation from Old Quebec. At the time of your reservation, a seat is automatically reserved for the shuttle. The departure is at 9am at the Place d’Armes or at 9:10am at the Gare du Palais.
When booking, the total amount of the invoice must be paid. You must make your payment by credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express).
In case of cancellation made more than 30 days before the date of your activity, your reservation will be refunded 100%. Between 29 days and 3 days before the date of your activity, 70% of the total amount will be refunded to you. No refund for a cancellation less than 3 days before your activity.
Changing a reservation : Any changes must be made by email or telephone and are subject to availability. Please contact us at email@example.com or 418 271-7234.
Weather : The decision to cancel in case of bad weather is the responsibility of the guide or the administration of Quatre Natures. Under no circumstances the customer can cancel and have a refund if he does not like the weather.
* the announced duration of the activity is approximate and depends on the meteorological conditions and the group